welcom

"One’s destination is never a place" " But a new way of seeing things"

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Learning Urdu.

I love learning different languages and I was so exciting to learn about Urdu
I could remember the sentences veey well butt it was a bit
difficult to speak out cos my husband didn't really speak Urdu at home.
So it's like I know what to say but don't know how to speak or pronounce  it.
And our baby almost know nothing about Urdu
all she knows just how to call people in family.

So I started making a short note of urdu sentences
 and memorize them mostly on plane or on the bus.

Mostly language that Pakistanis people speak is sound a bit different from Urdu
that because most of them speak Punjabi which I really love that accent.


And also few  more local languages like patho 

Common Sentences.

-   Asalamo Alaikom  or Salam  : Hello
-   Kya Haal Hai?   :  How are you?
-   App kasey hai ?  :  How do you do?
-   App Theek hai ? :  Are you fine?
-   Mai Theek Hoon Alhumdulillah  :  I'm fine, Thank to ALLAH
-   App Sunao ?      :  What about you?
-   Mai Bhi theek   : I'm fine too.
-   ALLAH Hafiz   : Bye


-   ....... Kaha Hai ?  : Where is .......?
-   App Kahan Ho ?  :  Where are you?
-   Ye Kaha Hai?  :  Where is he/she?
-   Aik mint  :  Please wait , Hold on , Wait one minute


-  Kya Aap Urdu Bol Sakte Hain?  : Do you speak Urdu?
-  Nahi , Meri Urdu Achi nahi hai  : No, my Urdu is very weak.

-  App Ka Naam Kya Hai?  :  What is your name?
-  Mera Naam .......... Hai : My name is .......

-  App Ki Umer Kitni hai?  How old are you?
-  Main (age) Saal Ka hoon :  I'm (age).

- Mujhe Yeh Dena   :  Give me

- Jaldi Karo     : Hurry up

- kitna   jheyyeh   : how many do you want?

- kon :  who?


-kkis ki  : whose  ?








To be continued.







No comments:

Post a Comment